I have no idea why I am sharing this, but this is my current workspace:
On and around it you will find (left-to-right-ish):
- My original iPad 1 running Panic’s Status Board on a Twelve South Compass Stand for iPad.
- A Koncept Equo Gen 3 desk lamp, stylish and bright.
- An AT&T MicroCell so I can get Mobile Phone service at home in Manhattan!
- My iPad 3 WiFi 64GB, gray Apple smart cover.
- My primary computer, a 15-inch Mid-2009 MacBook Pro with dual 3.06Ghz CPUs, 8GB RAM, a 240GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD in an OWC Data Doubler and the original 500GB HDD.
- My rent bill.
- A classic Apple Cinema Display 23" connected to the laptop via an old Apple DVI to ADC Display Adapter and a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, and it still works great.
- Altec Lansing speakers, about as old as the hills but still sound adequate for my needs.
- A Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet for artwork.
- Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Trackpad.
- An ancient Dell 2408WFP 24" monitor (that does not render properly with OS X), attached to my 2008 Mac Pro server (8 core, 32GB RAM, 4.5TB disk - hidden below the desk) and my original iSight above it.
- On top of the Mac Pro tower is my trusty HP 12C financial calculator, an Airport Extreme and several old WD 500GB My Passport drives - link to newer model - that I use for backups.
- My favorite Zebra Sarasa 0.7 Gel Retractable pen.
- A Zebra Z-Grip 0.5 mechanical pencil.
- The desk is a Galant with T-Leg from Ikea, 10 years old and starting to peel and warp.
This is where I work and spend my days. What does yours look like and what do you use - please link in the comments?
Warning: Some links on this page are affiliate links; I get a few pennies if you buy any of these products.