On Nov 22, 2012, the revamped hiltmon.com turned one year old. And I missed it as I was too busy guzzling turkey.
Thank you all for reading, sharing and responding to my writing.
Stats from the First Year
- 287 posts.
- 67,536 pageviews.
- Taking the HN/Reddit outliers out, hiltmon.com is averaging 4,278 page views per month.
- Over the year, 41.66% of visitors used Chrome, 20.82% used Firefox and 20.07% used Safari. But over the last 6 months, this has changed to 36.31% Chrome, 34.62% Safari and 13.97% Firefox, tracking the demise of Firefox.
- Over the year, 36.66% of visitors were on Windows, 33.27% Macintosh and 11.55% on Linux. Over the past 6 months, this has changed to 44.94% Macintosh, 28.37% Windows, 16.15% iOS and 7.12% Linux tracking the tone and content of this site.
- Only 18.17% of page views are from mobile devices and this rate is growing rapidly. 84.2% of mobile access is from iOS devices and the remainder seem to be Android variants.
- 57.1% of page views source from from Google searches, 21.9% direct and 5.2% from Twitter and Facebook.
- $0 spent on advertising and marketing. My plan was to focus on writing only this year and see how it went.
The Top 10 most popular articles
- The Markdown Mindset
- It Should Only Take You a Few Hours…
- The Paradox of Choice
- Project Folder Layout
- 2012 iPad Essentials
- Not Your Free Tech Support
- My Sublime Text 2 Setup
- Quick and Dirty Rails Performance Profiling
- Test Driven Development Really Works
- Text Editing Fonts and Colors
Once again, thank you all for reading hiltmon.com and sharing this site with your friends. I intend to continue writing here on the topics that interest us all, especially software design, productivity ideas and about awesome tools that I love to use.